Easy Mardi Gras Mask Craft for Kids
Get creative with the kids and make your own Mardi Gras masks! These artsy activity is more than just a holiday celebration. Along with learning about Mardi Grad, your child can build fine motor skills, develop color and shape recognition, explore through their senses and exercise their ever-expanding imagination.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Paper plates
- Clear-drying school glue
- A hole punch
- Thin ribbon
- Craft feathers
How To Art-Making Steps
- Draw the mask shape onto the paper plate. Use the entire with of the plate. Your child can create an oval, a butterfly design or any other shape they want.
- Cut the mask out.
- Draw spaces for eye holes. Cut these out.
- Punch one hole on each end of the mask.
- Add a festive holiday design. Your child can color the mask with crayons, glue sequins around the edges and attach craft feathers to the top. Let the glue dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Cut two pieces of thin ribbon. Thread one piece through each hole in the mask. Tie the ribbon near the mask to secure each side.
- Fit the mask to your child’s head. They can place it on their face as you tie the ribbons in the back. If the ribbon is too long, cut the ends after you tie it together.
star Wars New Orleans Mardi Gras