Kids’ Shamrock Collage Art for St. Patrick’s Day
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with an artsy shamrock kids’ craft. This collage activity will help your child to build fine motor skills, explore different textures, develop color recognition abilities and get creative—all while they make a cute craft for the holiday!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- White or light-colored poster board paper
- Tissue paper in shades of green
- Construction paper in shades of green
- Other green papers and materials (such as craft felt, craft foam or corrugated paper)
- Clear-drying school glue
How To Art-Making Steps
- Draw shamrocks onto the different types and shades of paper. Use a marker to draw the shape. If your child is struggling to draw the shamrocks, use a template or even a shaped cookie cutter.
- Cut the shamrocks out.
- Glue the shamrocks to the poster board. Your child can vary the directions or angles of the shamrocks and overlap the edges. This creates allows your creative kiddo to craft different designs and textures.
Optional: Use the markers to write a special holiday message for St. Patrick’s Day. Help your child to draw the message onto the poster board paper or write it over the shamrock collage. Hang the crafty collage on the wall for the holiday!
St. Patrick's Day Led Tiara