Sponge Paint Print Christmas Cards for Kids
Create your own cute Christmas cards with your children this year. Forget about the generic store-bought cards. This year your kiddos can craft their own holiday greetings with a few swipes of tempera paint and a regular kitchen sponge! Check out the easy-to-follow directions and help your family to design their own Christmas tree art cards for family and friends.
Art-Making Materials You’ll Need
- Card stock paper
- Kitchen sponges (plain sponges, not scrubbing sponges)
- Temper paint in green, brown and red
Christmas Card Crafting Steps
- Cut the sponges into shapes. Your child will need a triangle for the tree and a small square or rectangle for the stump. You can also add smaller shapes that your child will use to add ornaments to the tree.
- Pour the paint onto a paper plates, scrap cardboard or wax paper.
- Fold the first piece of card stock paper in half.
- Dip the triangle sponge into the green paint.
- Press the triangle onto the card stock.
- Repeat the dip and press steps with the brown paint to create a tree trunk.
- Let the card dry.
- Repeat the paint and press steps with smaller pieces of sponge and red paint to deck the tree out in imaginative ornaments.
- After the card completely dries open it up and write a special message inside with a marker.