DIY St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Card
Send a St. Patrick’s Day greeting with a sparkle! Whether you’re the crafty type, or you’ve got an art-loving child, this DIY is super-simple for everyone at almost every age. Send the greeting to family and friends or use it as a glitzy way to invite quests to a St. Patty’s Day party!
- Card stock paper – white, dark/bright green and light green
- A pencil
- Clear-drying school or craft glue
- A paintbrush
- Glitter – green and gold
- Fold the white card stock in half from top to bottom (tent style).
- Fold the dark/bright green paper in the same way to make an equally-sized card.
- Draw a shamrock onto the front of the green card. All you need to make a shamrock is three hearts. Draw one vertical heart and two horizontal ones, with the points of each touching. Add a stem below, from the center.
- Cut out the shamrock.
- Draw and cut out three hearts that are slightly smaller than the shamrock’s leaves, using the lighter green paper.
- Glue the smaller hearts onto the larger ones (the light green paper on top of the dark/bright green paper).
- Glue the entire shamrock onto the front of the white card stock.
- Paint a thin layer of glue around the shamrock.
- Sprinkle the glitter over the glue. Shake off the excess.