Glitter and Tissue Mother’s Day Vase Craft
Do your kids want to gift mom with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Mother’s Day? Instead of just a tissue-wrapped dozen roses or other blooms, give mom a kid-made vase too. Before you buy a ready-made vase, check out the easy how-to steps for creating an imaginative, artsy version.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- A washed and dried large glass jar- Use a tomato sauce or mason jar for this kids’ craft. You can also use colorful glass jars for a special holiday look!
- Colorful tissue paper
- A paintbrush
- Clear-drying school glue
- Glitter in rainbow colors
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the tissue into squares, hearts, or other shapes. Your child can also tear the tissue by hand. Create a variety of sizes and shapes.
- Cover the outside of the jar with a wash of clear glue. Pour the glue onto a thick piece of reused cardboard or a paper plate. Your child can dip their paintbrush into the glue and paint the outside of the jar. They can also work section-by-section, painting one area of the jar at a time.
- Press the tissue onto the glue. Let the glue dry completely.
- After the glue dries, your child can paint another layer of glue on top to add shine.
- Sprinkle glitter on the wet glue. Let the glue dry again before you add flowers to the vase.