Halloween and haunted houses from Spooky Town
Halloween and haunted houses go hand-in-hand. That said, you don’t have to head out into the autumn evening to catch a look at one of these super-spooky attractions! Whether you want to visit the real deal or stay home and set up your own mini version, we’ve got some of the hottest haunted houses for the Halloween holiday!
Lemax’s Spooky Town collection takes the haunted hideaway and makes it a mini. The 25th anniversary collection spotlights the Banshee’s Boo-B-Trap miniature house. What’s so special about this creepy creation? In 2013 Lemax ran a social media contest called, “You Name It. We Create It.” Winner Cassie Hancock came up with the concept that is now the holiday’s newest haunt.
From kid-friendly school gym haunted houses to the all-out scare fests, Halloween is the time when these imaginative attractions pop up across the country. If you’re a horror fan who’s ready for a scream, where can you find some of the top haunted houses? While this list certainly doesn’t cover it all, we put together some of the best of the best:
- 13th Floor, Denver, Colorado
- The Scream Zone, Del Mar, California
- The 13th Gate, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- The Darkness, St. Louis, Missouri
- ScareHouse: The Basement, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Do you want to tour a real-life ‘haunted house’? The ghosts and ghouls are said to frequent these historic haunts:
- Pennhurst Asylum, Spring City, Pennsylvania
- Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Waverly Hills Sanatorium, Louisville, Kentucky
- Whaley House, San Diego, California
- Lemp Mansion, St. Louis, Missouri
Are you looking for more? Check out our favorite Halloween haunts!