All About Mom Kids’ Craft Card
Make Mother’s Day extra special with this easy to make kids’ card craft. Start with a discussion (minus mom—for the surprise factor) about what makes the matriarch of the family so very important. Take the kiddos’ ideas and help them to transform what they love about mom into a cute card.
Materials You’ll Need
- Card stock paper (8×10-inch size)
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
- An envelope
- Fold the paper in half, card-style.
- Ask your child to draw a picture of mom on the front of the card. Refer back to the list of what makes mom so important. Talk to your child, asking how they can draw what they love about mom. This may include a sweet scene or a portrait.
- Open the card and write a special message. If your child is too young to write the words themselves write them first yourselves. Use a pencil to write the message to mom lightly. Your child can trace over them with a marker or crayon. Another option is to use stencils. Your child can trace and fill in these letters—with your help.
- Decorate the envelope. Your child can add another picture of mom, a design or anything else they want.