Mother’s Day Kids’ Craft: Glitter Greeting Card
You want to help your child to honor a very special lady. It’s almost Mother’s Day and mom deserves a card that’s fit for a queen. What can your crafty kiddo create to show mom just how much they love her? Check out this easy art activity that’s perfect for kids who want to make their own holiday greeting. And what kid doesn’t want to celebrate mom in this special way?
- Card stock paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- Markers or crayons
- Foam letters
- Fold an 8×10-inch piece of card stock paper in half from top to bottom, creating a tent shape.
- Glue the foam shapes onto the front of the card, spelling out a Mother’s Day message. This could be, “Mom”, “Happy Mother’s Day”, “I love mom” or anything else your child wants to say.
- Cover the foam shapes with a thin layer of glue. If your child finds this a challenge, use a thin paintbrush to spread the glue across the foam.
- Sprinkle glitter over the glue.
- Shake off the excess glitter. Let the sparkles dry completely.
- Open the card. Have your child write their own Mother’s Day greeting inside.