Painted Mother’s Day Kids’ Card Craft
Give mom a special surprise on Mother’s Day with this cute kids’ card craft! Instead of a store-bought greeting, this card says, “I love you” in the most heartfelt (and handmade) way. Check out the easy how to steps for kids of all ages to make this artsy holiday card.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- 8×10-inch card stock paper
- Tempera or finger paint
- A paper plate
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
How To Art-Making Steps
- Fold the paper in half from top to bottom to make a tent-style card.
- Pour the paint onto the paper plate.
- Help your child to dip their hand (palm-side down) into the paint. Cover their palm and fingers completely.
- Press your child’s hand onto the front of the card to make a print.
- Repeat with other paint colors.
- Sprinkle glitter onto the paint. Your child should do this step before the paint dries.
- Let the paint dry.
- Shake off any excess glitter.
- Open the card and write a special Mother’s Day greeting inside.
Optional: Your child can add extra décor to the front of the card. Use the markers, crayons or colored pencils to write a message or add to the artsy handprint design.