Parents’ Day Book Craft for Kids
After July 4th is over you have another mid-summer holiday to look forward to—Parents’ Day! Celebrated on the fourth Sunday of July, this holiday recognizes the roles that parents play. In honor of this special day, help your child to create a crafty “That’s My Parent!” book.
Materials You’ll Need
- Construction paper
- Markers or crayons
- A hole punch
- A glue stick
- Family photos
- Size the cardboard and construction paper. The construction paper should fit into the book’s cover and back (the cardboard).
- Have your child draw a picture of their parent or parents on the cover. They can also add a title, the date, and their own name.
- Create the interior pages of the book. Each page can include a photo, drawing, or sentence about the parent. Ask your child to focus on who the parent is to them, what the parent’s roles are, or what they admire about the parent.
- Punch two to three holes on the left side of the cardboard and each piece of paper, making sure the holes line up with each other.
- Cut pieces of yarn.
- Stack the book together and thread the yarn through the holes. Tie the yarn to bind the book together.