Parents’ Day Card Craft for Kids
Celebrate Parents’ Day on July 22 with an awesomely artsy activity. Whether your kiddo is showing their love for mom, dad, a stepparent or another parental figure, this kids’ craft is the perfect way to mark this very special day. Instead of buying a card (which might prove challenging for Parents’ Day), your kiddo can make their own creative version.
- Large piece of cardboard- reuse the side or front of an old appliance or electronics box
- Construction paper
- Glue stick
- Markers or crayons
- Cut the cardboard to the desired size and shape. Your child can create a card that’s over-sized or a standard (greeting card) size. They can also shape the card into a rectangle, square, heart, cloud or any other form they want.
- Cut the construction paper into pieces of shapes. Your child can add hearts or other drawings to the individual pieces.
- Glue the construction paper onto the cardboard, collage style. Overlap the edges and use a variety of different colors. Let the glue dry completely.
- Write a special Parents’ Day message with the markers or crayons. Your child can write something simple or create an entire poem to celebrate the special day. Add the date and your child’s name to complete the craft.