Parents’ Day Family Book-Making Activity
Are you looking for a way to spend more time with your child? Parents’ Day provides the perfect opportunity. What can you, your spouse/significant other and the kids do to celebrate? Well, there are plenty of options. The family can take a day trip to a museum, go to an amusement park, take in a sporting event, have a meal together or try something artsy. If arts and crafts are the pick of the day, check out this Parents’ Day family book-making activity.
- Family photos- This is part of the activity itself. Go through printed pictures or look at your family’s life in photos on the computer and then print them.
- Card stock paper
- Double-stick clear tape
- A hole punch
- Markers or crayons
- Spend some time as a family (that is the idea on this day) and pick out family photos. Choose pics that tell a story or follow a theme such as birthdays or holidays.
- Stack the card stock together, using as many pieces of paper as you need for pages. Add two more- one for the cover and one for the back.
- Punch two or three holes on the left side of the paper stack.
- Bind the book together. Threats pieces of yarn through each set of holes and tie at the ends. Leave enough slack loose for the book to open.
- Tape one picture onto each page. Write a few words about the photos on the corresponding pages.
- Draw a cover. Come up with a creative title, add the date and list each family member’s name. Your child can also draw a family portrait on the front.