Valentine’s Day Heart Candy Photo Frame Craft
Celebrate the ones you love with this easy-to-make Valentine’s Day heart picture frame craft. This art activity is simple for your child to create, and doubles as a cute gift for grandma, grandpa or your other much-loved family and friends.
- Candy conversation hearts
- Clear-drying school glue
- Tempera paint
- A paintbrush
- A marker
- A photo
- Optional: glitter
- Draw a shape onto the cardboard. Your child can make a heart-shaped frame or go with an easier option such as a square or rectangle.
- Cut the shape out.
- Draw a window inside of the shape for the picture. Size it so that it is slightly smaller than the photo you plan on using. Cut the window out.
- Paint the cardboard. Let the board dry completely. Optional: Sprinkle some red or pink glitter into the paint before it dries.
- Paint a layer of glue over the board. Press the candy hearts into it, covering as much of the frame as your child likes. She can cover the entire piece of cardboard or make a pattern with the candy.
- Paint another layer of glue on the hearts, sealing them.
- Wait for the glue to try. When it’s completely dry, turn the frame over. Tape the edges of the photo to the back of the frame.