Valentine’s Day Strawberry Shortcakes
Do you need a quick, easy to make Valentine’s Day treat for child’s school holiday party or your own at-home bash? If you don’t have the time, or the baking skills, to whip up your own from-scratch goodies, check out this super-simple heart-themed strawberry shortcake. Not only is this an easy recipe (that you can complete in less time than you think), but it’s also fun for the kids to help cook.
What You’ll Need:
- Ready-made small-sized shortcake cups (these are available from most major grocery retailers)
- Whipped topping
- Optional: Ready-made chocolate dipped strawberries
How-To Strawberry Shortcake Steps
- Chop half a dozen (or more, depending how berry-favored you want to make the treat) strawberries into fine, small pieces. Save the juice that squirts out as you cut the berries.
- Mix the chopped berries and juice with the whipped topping. The specific amount of topping you use depends on how many shortcakes you’ll make. If the topping doesn’t have a distinct pink color, add more strawberries to the mix.
- Spoon one to two tablespoons of whipped topping into each shortcake cake.
- Thinly slice the remaining strawberries. Have your child layer the sliced berries on the whipped topping.
- Spoon another dollop of whipped topping on the berry layer.
- Optional: Add a chocolate dipped strawberry to the top.
Valentines Day Gift
1991 Michael Jordon #375 Fleer