World Friendship Day Kids’ Card Craft
July 30th is World Friendship Day! Celebrate it with a special card, for a special friend. Your child can create a friendship card to give to her BFF, a classmate or anyone else she considers close. This is also a way to make new friends. Your creative kiddo can craft cards to hand out to neighborhood children who she might want to know better or to a potential friend from an after-school activity.
Arts and Crafts Materials
- Card stock paper – 8×11-inch sheets
- Markers, colored pencils or crayons
- Construction paper
- Clear-drying school glue
How-To Project Steps
- Position the paper horizontally. Fold it in half to create the card.
- Write the words, “A friend is…” on the front of the card. If your child is too young to write all of the words by themselves, you can write them first (lightly) in pencil. Your child can trace over them.
- Open the card. Ask your child to finish the sentence. They need to brainstorm what a friend means to them.
- Write what your child says inside. Again, you can write this first in pencil and have your child trace over it.
- Draw a picture. Have your child illustrate the words with a matching picture.