World Teacher’s Day Book Art Activity for Kids
Celebrate World Teacher’s Day with a kid-created book-style greeting card. This card will show your child’s teacher just how much your family cares about them. Add in a book-making activity and you have the perfect art activity for your preschooler or older child!
Craft Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard (reuse the front or back of a cereal or cracker box)
- Construction paper
- Hole punch
- A glue stick
- Photos (of your child, their school class and the teacher)
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Choose a shape for the book. Try a traditional rectangle or square shape or go with a round apple for the teacher or a heart.
- Draw the shape onto the cardboard.
- Cut the cardboard out.
- Repeat the drawing and cutting steps for another piece of cardboard, to make a cover and back of the book.
- Trace the cardboard shape onto the construction paper.
- Cut the paper out. Make as many pages as your child wants.
- Punch a hole at the top or the bottom of the cardboard and each piece of paper, in the same place.
- Help your child to write a special note on each page.
- Glue one photo to each page of the book.
- After the glue dries, stack the pages and tie them together with a piece of yarn that your child threads through the hole.
- Write a “Happy Teacher’s Day” message on the front cover.