World Teacher’s Day Pencil Holder Craft for Kids
October 5th marks World Teacher’s Day. Help your child to celebrate this special day with an imaginative art activity. Forget about pricey store-bought options or the same cards the teacher gets year after year.
Gift the teacher a handmade pencil holder to put on their desk and display. Not only is this an easy way for your child to show off their artsy side, but it is also a way celebrate a special teacher with a present from the heart. After the art-making is complete, your little learner can give the craft to their teacher to use for the rest of the school year!
Craft Materials You’ll Need
- A clean, dry can (without the top)
- Duct tape- in a variety of colors
How To Art-Making Steps
- Make sure the reused can is completely clean and dry. Don’t use a can with jagged edges at the top (where the lid was removed).
- Cover the top edge in a layer of duct tape.
- Wrap duct tape around the outside of the can. Alternate colors, create a rainbow or cover the can in one color and then cut shapes from the tape to add. Your child can also cut thin lines of tape to create the teacher’s initials or an “A.”