World Tourism Day Ideas for the Whole Family
September 27th marks World Tourism Day. Even though this day celebrates worldwide tourism, you don’t need to go on a globe-trotting adventure to honor ot. What can you do with your family to celebrate World Tourism Day? Take a look at these fun family-friendly ideas!
Your younger child can learn about world travel through these imagination-based activities:
- Make a mock airplane from an old cardboard box.
- Act out a traveling scene.
- Dress up like a plane’s pilot or a ship’s captain.
- Pretend that your in another country.
Support local tourism with a day-long trip around town and visit:
- An art museum.
- A science center.
- A ballpark.
- A body of water (creek, river, lake, ocean).
- A university.
- A historic site.
- A little-known restaurant.
Help your child to understand worldwide travel with a creative craft:
- Draw a world map.
- Use paper mache to make a globe.
- Illustrate your own ‘around the world’ book.
- Make a collage out of photos or printed pictures from around the globe.
- Draw a portrait of people from another another country (use a book or picture that you find online as inspiration).
Other Arts Ideas
Art doesn’t just include crafts that your child draws, sculpts and paints. Explore the performing arts with these ideas:
- Learn a dance from another culture.
- Play an instrument from another country.
- Sing songs in other languages.