Easter Recipes @ Holidays on the Net (www.holidays.net)
Italian Easter Bread
- 3 cups
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup warm milk (120-130°F)
- 2 tbsp.
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 cup mixed candied fruit, chopped
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. anise seed
- Vegetable oil
- In a mixing
bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Add milk and
butter; beat 2 minutes on medium.
- Add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat
2 minutes on high.
- Stir in fruit, nuts and anise seed; mix well.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a
lightly floured board; knead until smooth, 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a
greased bowl; turn once. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
doubled; about 1 hour.
- If desired, dye remaining eggs (Leave the
uncooked); lightly rub with oil.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half;
roll each piece into a 24 rope.
- Loosely twist ropes together; place
on a greased baking sheet and form into a ring. Pinch ends together.
- Gently split ropes and tuck eggs into openings. Cover and let rise
until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes
or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.
Back to Recipes
Easter Books, Music, and Videos
Holidays on the Net has joined with Amazon.com to offer you and your family books, music CDs, DVDs, videos and more to enjoy your holiday celebration. Easily search Amazon.com's selections.
Join our Mailing List
We'll keep you informed of future Holidays on the Net Celebrations