“mi Pet” Western Foundry Chicago Cast Iron #5 Skillet - Cleaned And Seasoned
This item has been shown 0 times.
“mi Pet” Western Foundry Chicago Cast Iron #5 Skillet - Cleaned And Seasoned:
“Mi Pet” Western Foundry Chicago Cast Iron #5 Skillet - Cleaned and Seasoned
This “Mi-Pet” Western Foundry #5 skillet has been cleaned and lightly seasoned. There is no crud, baked on food, or carbon buildup left on it. It is ready to join your cooking staff the day it is received. It sits flat on a hard surface without any wobble and I find no bow to the inside bottom cooking surface. This skillet was probably originally made in the 1930’s from information that I can find by The Western Foundry Co. of Chicago, Illinois. It is 8” across without the pour spouts and stands 1 7/8” high. With the handle it is 12 ¼” long. The exterior logo area is in pristine condition.
The back of the skillet is marked:
There is a 5 on the front at the base of the handle. The inside cooking surface is very smooth to the feel with no pocks but there is extremely shallow pin point type pitting and utensil marks that are under the seasoning. This can be seen but not felt. There are no chips, cracks, breaks, rust, or repairs to the piece. There are the usual discoloration and utensil marks from years of use and age.
I clean all of my cast iron back to the original gun metal gray casting or as close as I can. This way it has no residue or contaminants from previous use or storage. The new owner can use with confidence in their safety. I only season with four coats of solid vegetable shortening in the oven for about ten hours. This is why my cast iron does not appear black but is usually a dark brown. You could perhaps say it has been restored as close as possible to its original condition. There is a possibility that some of what I refer to as shallow pin point pitting is actually original to the casting.
I do no oil my cast iron so they show up shiny or better for the pictures. I do not put my cast iron in a smoker to get it black or paint it black. I do not put varnish on the inside cooking surface to make it appear glass shiny and smooth! I prefer to list as many flaws as I can see, find, or think. I want the buyer to be informed and pleased upon arrival.
All of our cast iron cookware pictures are taken outside in the natural light. We try never to use a flash to obscure the surfaces or enhance them. We don’t like looking into a ‘black hole’ for a picture of the skillet or pot and don’t imagine that you do either. We give you full pictures of the top and bottom and not just a small section of what I want you to see. I always feel like something is being hidden behind the black hole or to the surrounding area of the one small section. If you need additional information, please send a message.
And now for the not so fine print:
1. I am always glad to combine shipping whenever possible and the cost is based on the total weight of the package. We make every attempt to ship within 48 hours of payment being received. This does not include Saturdays or Sundays. We only ship to the confirmed address recorded by and Paypal. All payments must be received within 5 days. All non paying buyers will be reported to .
2. I apologize in advance, but due to Trust and Safety concerns, I respond onlyto questions and inquiries sent through the message system. All messages sent directly to my email are deleted unopened.
3. I pack with care and after it leaves my care I can not be held responsible for the length of time it takes for the delivery of the item. We pack all cast iron pieces in the method recommended by the Griswold Cast Iron Association. I try very hard to have my pictures with enough light to show the item I am selling. I do not like dark pictures that hide defects and problems and try very hard to show the buyer what they are purchasing.
4. All sales are considered final. When we say that an item is used it means there may be some scuffs and scratches that are not readily noticeable or do not affect the use and general appearance of the item. Refunds are only given if the item is not as described and must be returned within 14 days with all original packaging and in the condition in which it was shipped. Please ask all questions before offerding. There is a handling fee included in the shipping calculation. If insurance is provided on the package, it is the buyer’s responsibility to follow through and file the claim as they are the one with the item and the claim number. The post office does not accept claims on a twice mailed package. Translated, that means that I cannot file a claim if you refuse to file the claim yourself and want to mail it back to me for me to make the claim.
5. There is a shipping confirmation number that will be shown on your Purchase History page so that you can track your item at any time.
6. We do all of our shipping through the and the Pitney Bowes system. Therefore, we ship to the address that shows in your and Paypal account. If you need to have the item shipped to a different address you will need to change it in before winning the offer so a correct invoice can be sent. All of our shipping labels are printed and all shipping charges are calculated by . We offer three different shipping choices on most of our items so be sure to check the rates for the best one for you.
7. We do combined shipping on multiple purchases that are done within the same week. Usually the cost is about 60% of the total that is showing on the listing with the shipping calculator. We do request that the buyer let us know of their intent to offer another item.