International Youth Day Award Art Activity
August 12th marks International Youth Day. Celebrate the day by honoring a special young person in your household, school, or community. And how can you honor this person? Start with a youth award.
If you’re not sure where to start, check out these easy how-to directions for making your own individualized award.
Materials You’ll Need
- Card stock paper
- Markers or pens
- Clear-drying school glue
- Gold glitter
- A photo of the person who is honored
- Glue a piece of white or light-colored card stock paper onto the cardboard. Make sure the cardboard is at least two inches larger than the paper on each side.
- Add glue to the cardboard border. If needed, use a paintbrush to spread the glue out.
- Sprinkle gold glitter on the glue and shake off the excess.
- Write something special about the child who you are honoring on the card stock paper. Include the child’s name and the date of the holiday (with the year).
- Glue the child’s photo to the card stock.
- Let the award dry.
If the glitter flakes off, paint another layer of clear-drying glue over it. Wait for the first layer of glitter-glue to dry completely before you attempt this step.