American Flag July 4th Party Invitations
Are you having July 4th party? Instead of sending email announcements or store-bought invitations, get crafty and create your own! Not only will your guests appreciate your family’s artful efforts, but the activity also gives your child something to do during their school break.
Craft Materials You’ll Need
- 8×10-inch white card stock paper
- Red and blue craft felt or foam
- Clear-drying school glue
- Silver star stickers
- A pencil
- A ruler
- A marker
- Cut the paper into 4×6-inch cards. Each card will become one invitation.
- Use the ruler and the pencil to make a rectangle star area and stripes.
- Cut the blue craft felt or foam to match the rectangle area’s size. Cut the red felt or foam to match the stripes.
- Glue the felt or foam onto the card.
- Add star stickers to the blue area.
- Wait for the flag to dry completely. Turn it over and write the party information on the back with a marker.
- Pop each flag invite into an envelope to mail.
You can also make over-sized invitations, using the entire sheet of card stock paper. Avoid folding this to mail them. Instead, use larger document-sized mailers or envelopes or hand deliver the invitations.