Fourth of July DIY Paper Flags
Why spend extra money on store-bought flags for July 4th when the kids make their own crafty versions? This Fourth of July kids’ craft is super-simple, but will still entertain your youngest party guests. Craft the American flags as part of your family’s picnic or BBQ activities or try it before the holiday as a way to prep for your party and create patriotic décor.
Arts and Crafts Materials
- Red, white and blue card stock paper
- Thick craft sticks
- Clear-drying school glue
- Optional: Silver glitter
- Cut an 8×10-inch piece of white card stock in half or in quarters (depending on how big or small you want the flag craft to be).
- Cut stripes from the red card stock, matching the length of the white rectangle.
- Cut a smaller rectangle from the blue card stock paper.
- Glue the red stripes onto the white paper, leaving spaces in between.
- Glue the blue rectangle to the top left of the flag.
- Add stars to the blue area with small pieces of cut white paper.
- Optional: Instead of creating stars from the paper, paint a wash of glue over the blue section and sprinkle silver glitter on top.
- Attach the flag to the craft stick. Glue the stick to the left side of the flag.