July Fourth Painted Collage Craft for Kids
Get ready for July 4th with a fun-filled kids’ craft! Your little artist can create a painted collage masterpiece—in red, white and blue. Get the easy to follow how-to directions right here.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Poster board paper—the bigger the better
- Red, white and blue crepe paper/streamers
- Clear-drying school glue
- Red, white and blue tempera paint
- A paint brush
- A pencil
- A ruler
How To Art-Making Steps
- Position the paper horizontally. Your child can draw a rectangle in the upper left corner and stripes onto the rest of the paper.
- Paint the rectangle blue.
- Paint every other stripe red.
- Let the paint dry.
- Cut the crepe paper/streamers into smaller-sized pieces.
- Glue the paper onto the flag painting, overlapping the edges and creating different textures. They can even ball or crumple the paper and glue it onto the poster board to make a flower-like design. Your child doesn’t have to completely cover the painted paper.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Add more paint! Your child can cover some parts (but not all) of the crepe paper or streamer collage with the red, white and blue tempera. Your child can even finger or hand print onto the lighter areas of the collage!
After the July Fourth artwork dries, hang it up for your holiday party guests to admire!