Franklin D. Roosevelt & Winston S. Churchill 1943 Dual Signed Cut Slip
This item has been shown 330 times.
Franklin D. Roosevelt & Winston S. Churchill 1943 Dual Signed Cut Slip:
FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT & WINSTON S. CHURCHILL 1943 Dual Signed Cut Slip
- Spectacular, amazing high-valued original signatures acquired at the Casablanca Conference!
- Acquired from a longtime, reputable Historical government/presidential memorabilia dealer.
- In excellent preserved condition and measures 2 1/4" x 6 1/4"
- Guaranteed authentic with COA & psa quickopinion included.
- Expedited protective shipping.
- Payment expected within 5 days of sale please!
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Free France
TheCasablanca Conference(codenamedSYMBOL) orAnfa Conferencewas held at the Anfa Hotel inCasablanca,French Morocco, from January 14 to 24, 1943, to plan theAlliedEuropean strategy for the next phase ofWorld War II. In attendance were United States PresidentFranklin D. Rooseveltand British prime ministerWinston Churchill. Also attending were the sovereign of Morocco SultanMuhammad Vand representing theFree French forcesGeneralsCharles de GaulleandHenri Giraud, but they played minor roles and were not part of the military planning.USSR general secretaryJoseph Stalindeclined to attend, citing the ongoingBattle of Stalingradas requiring his presence in theSoviet Union.
The conference's agenda addressed the specifics of tactical procedure, allocation of resources, and the broader issues of diplomatic policy. The debate and negotiations produced what was known as theCasablanca Declaration, and perhaps its most historically provocative statement of purpose, "unconditional surrender". That doctrine came to represent the unified voice of implacable Allied will and the determination that theAxis powerswould be fought to their ultimate defeat.