Chocolate-Covered Valentine’s Day Strawberries
Nothing says “Happy Valentine’s Day!” like chocolate. Instead of the traditional box of chocolates you can create your own holiday sweet treats. Chocolate-covered strawberries are easy to make, fun to decorate and delicious to eat. And bonus, your kiddos can help you to whip up these tasty Valentine’s treats.
What You’ll Need
- Chocolate (try a variety of types, such as milk, dark and white)
- Sprinkles, colorful crustal sugar or another favorite candy decor
- Wax paper
- Wash and dry the strawberries thoroughly. Any remaining moisture may make it tricky for the chocolate to stick to the surface. Leave the stems on.
- Place the strawberries on a wax paper-covered backing sheet.
- Melt the chocolate. You can use a stove and double-boiler method or melt the chocolate in the microwave. If you use the microwave, gradually melt the chocolate in 10 second increments, stirring in between.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the strawberries, leaving the top and the stem candy-free.
- Add crystal sugar, sprinkles, Valentine’s Day candy decor or more chocolate. If you add a chocolate drizzle, try using a different flavor to create contrasting colors (you can also add food coloring to white chocolate to make the drizzle pink, red, purple or any other hue).
- Put the strawberries into the refrigerator until the chocolate has cooled and set.