July 4th Tablecloth Craft for Kids
Dress up your July 4th barbecue or family picnic party table with a kid-created cloth. This tablecloth craft is easy, artsy and fun for children in preschool and up. Gather together the materials your kiddos need and start the holiday fun right now!
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- A plain white table cloth or twin-sized white bed sheet
- Cardboard- Reuse a cardboard box
- Red and blue craft paint
- Red and blue fabric markers
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Flatten the cardboard. Use the board to protect your work surface. If possible, let the kids paint outside in the yard. This can help to minimize the mess.
- Use the markers to write a special holiday message, such as, “Happy Fourth of July”, “Happy 4th!” or a similar Independence Day greeting.
- Pour the red and blue paint into separate pools on another piece of cardboard.
- Paint one of your child’s hand red and the other blue.
- Your child can handprint over the letters, alternating red and blue.
- Use the leftover the paint to decorate the rest of the tablecloth. Your child can paint strips, stars or use the brushes to splatter red and blue across the cloth.
- Let the tablecloth dry completely before you set the holiday table.