Labor Day Kids’ Mobile Art Activity
Celebrate Labor Day with an artsy adventure. Your child can learn about careers while making a career mobile. This easy kids’ craft is fun to make and will teach your little learner a valuable lesson about what types of jobs people do.
- Card stock paper
- Pictures of people working 9from magazines or the internet)
- Hole punch
- Glue stick
- Wooden dowels/sticks
- Find photos of people working in different jobs (such as a doctor, nurse, crossing guard, firefighter, construction worker, truck driver or lawyer). Cut the pictures out.
- Place each picture onto the card stock paper and draw a bubble around it. Cut the paper out.
- Glue the pictures to the paper. Turn the paper over and write the name of the worker on the back. If your child can’t write the name by themselves, you can write it first and have the trace it.
- Punch a hole at the top of each paper.
- Thread the yarn through the hole and tie it at the end.
- Attach the other end of the yarn to the wooden dowel/stick.
- Repeat for more career pictures.
- Tie another piece of yarn to the middle of the dowel or stick to use as a mobile hanger.