Pilgrim Hat Thanksgiving Kids’ Craft
Kid-created Thanksgiving décor brightens the family holiday table. If you’re looking for a simple craft that kids from preschool and up can create, the Pilgrim hat art activity is for you! Instead of the typical dark Pilgrim hat, this craft switches things up and adds an autumn flare to the dinner table. Use fall-themed colors to make these Thanksgiving table toppers. When the crafting is done, set the hats out as decorations, add labels to them and make place cards or use them as mini vases to hold dried flowers.
- Card stock paper in fall hues (yellow, orange, red brown)
- White felt
- School glue
- Clear tape
- Cut a circle (roughly the size of a baseball) from a piece of card stock paper.
- Make a slit in the center, and cut a smaller circle inside.
- Cut a rectangle from another color of paper. This will become the top of the hat.
- Curve the paper around until the two ends meet. Push it through the hole in the circle paper.
- Tape the back of the top of the hat.
- Cut four or five slits in the bottom of the second piece of card stock – just under the circle brim of the hat.
- Fold the paper up and glue it underneath.
- Cut a thin strip of the felt.
- Glue the felt around the hat, near the brim.
- Add a card stock ‘buckle’ to the felt with the glue.