President’s Day Puppet Project for Preschoolers
Are you looking for a crafty way to celebrate President’s Day with your preschooler? Your creative kiddo can get artsy with an easy puppet-making activity. With a few simple materials your child can magically transform plain paper plates into presidential puppets.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Paper plates
- Card stock paper (8×10-inch sheets)
- Clear-drying school glue
- Masking tape
- Thick craft sticks
- Markers or crayons
How To Art-Making Steps
- Pick a president. If your child doesn’t know exactly what the president looks like, look through books or find images/portraits online.
- Your child can draw the president’s face onto the front of the paper plate.
- Create hair, a beard (such as Lincoln’s) or a hat with the card stock paper. help your child to draw the shapes and cut them out.
- Glue the hair, beard, hat or other accessory to the paper plate. Let the glue dry completely.
- Tape the craft stick to the back of the plate to create a handle for the puppet.
Now your kiddo is ready for hours of dramatic puppet play. Make a few puppets to stage a family President’s Day show or turn the puppets into costume-like masks. Just cut the center of the plate out (where your child has drawn the face) and have your child hold the creation up to their own face.