Thanksgiving Craft Felt and Feather Napkin Ring Kids’ Art
Set the Thanksgiving table with crafty kid-made napkin rings. Start a holiday tradition and make a different set of rings each year. Try this kids’ crafts right now and choose a different art-making process next year—and every year after. Write the year inside to keep track of these usable annual art activities. Along with Thanksgiving napkin rings, you can also repeat this craft for other holidays. Make Christmas, Easter or any other type of ring for each family meal.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need
- Cardboard tubes- reuse old paper towel tubes
- Craft felt- choose fall colors, such as brown, yellow, orange and red
- Clear-drying school glue
- Craft feathers- choose falls colors
- A pencil
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the tubes into pieces, making several napkin rings from each one. Your child can decide how wide or narrow they want to make the rings. The wider the rings, the less they can make from each tube. Use the pencil to mark each tube before you or your child cuts through the cardboard.
- Cut the craft felt into strips.
- Glue two or more pieces of craft felt to the outside of each tube ring to create a Thanksgiving-colored stripe pattern.
- Glue one, two or more craft feathers to the center of the ring to complete the craft.