Thanksgiving Turkey Table-Topper DIY
Do you need a cute little table-topper for Thanksgiving dinner? What about a few? Have the kids get crafty and create turkey table-toppers out of regular household items (and a few artsy items)!
- Bathroom cups
- Card stock paper
- Clear drying school glue
- Googley eyes
- Cover two paper bathroom-sized cups with brown, tan or yellow craft felt. Cut the felt to the size needed, and glue it onto the cups.
- Glue the cups together, end to end. If the cups won’t balance (without falling over), stack one on top of the other. Make the bottom cup’s felt stick out a bit first. This will keep the top cup standing up.
- Draw ovals onto card stock paper, making turkey feathers.
- Write each family member’s or guest’s name onto a feather.
- Glue the feathers to the back of the bottom cup. Make sure that each turkey gets one name feather.
- Add a face to the top cup. Glue two googley eyes onto the felt. Cut out a triangle for the beak. Glue it upside down below the eyes. Another option is to make a 3-D beak. Fold the end of the triangle under to make a tab. Glue the tab onto the felt.