Christmas Candy Cane Craft
Are you looking for an easy Christmas craft? Pipe cleaner candy canes are cute as can be, but super simple to create! Whether you want to craft up some Christmas spirit yourself or are on the search for a kids’ art activity, this project is perfect for both children and adults. What can you do with the crafty candy canes? Gather a group of them together, tie the center with a bow and make a holiday bouquet. What else can you do? Lots and lots! Add them mock candy to a wreath, decorate a pine garland with them, tie a shiny green ribbon at the top and hang them on the tree or glue them on to a Christmas collage. You can also use this craft to adorn your festive holiday gift wrap. Simply tie the pipe cleaner candy cane into a gift wrap bow.
- Red, white and green pipe cleaners
- Pick two colors of pipe cleaners – either white and red or red and green.
- Line the two pipe cleaners up next to each other with the tops touching.
- Starting at the top, twist the pipe cleaners together. Continue all of the way down to the bottom.
- Cut the twist in half to make two ‘candy canes’.
- Bend the top to make a rounded cane shape.
- Repeat with other colors!