Elijah’s Cup Passover Craft for Kids
Your creative kids can prepare for the Passover seder with this easy-to-make Elijah’s cup art activity. This kids’ craft is the perfect way to introduce the holiday to your children—and help them to develop new skills! Your child can explore color, shape and texture, develop fine motor abilities and problem solve as they create this Passover project.
Arts and Crafts Materials You’ll Need for the Passover Craft
- A plastic wine glass
- Tissue paper
- Clear-drying school glue
- A paintbrush
How-To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the tissue paper into different shapes. Use a variety of colors to give the glass a rainbow-like effect.
- Squeeze a pool of glue onto a paper plate, piece of wax paper or a piece of cardboard. Dip the paintbrush into the glue. Paint the glue over the outside of the glass.
- Press the tissue paper shapes onto the glue, covering the entire glass.
- Cover the paper with a second layer of glue.
- Before the glue dries, add embellishments with sequins. Your child can create shapes, a pattern or write letters with the sequins.
Remember, this is Elijah’s cup and not a glass for your family to drink from. Do not wash the exterior of the cup after the seder. Water and soap will damage the tissue paper-sequin collage.