Matzah Bark Recipe for Passover
Turn the tradition of eating matzah during Passover up a notch and turn the unleveled bread into dessert! How can you make matzah into a tasty sweet treat? This chocolate bark recipe is sweet, somewhat savory and fun for the family to make together. Create memories as you make matzah bark with the kids this year, next year and for years to come. Try the recipe as is or add your own special family flavor to it by mixing in chopped nuts, sprinkles, white chocolate morsels, peanut butter or anything else your kids want.
- Dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate. If you don’t have a double boiler to do this on the stove, you can melt the chocolate in a microwave. Place chocolate squares into microwave-save dish and gradually heat it in 10 second increments until it’s melted. Caution, it will be hot. Do not touch the chocolate with your hands. Instead, stir it with a spoon to make sure that it’s completely melted.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax paper. Place the matzah on top.
- Spread the chocolate onto the matzah.
- Pop the covered matzah into the freezer until it hardens.
- Take the matzah out of the freezer and break the bark into pieces.
If you plan on mixing in other ingredients, do this step before spreading the chocolate on top of the matzah.