Pine Cone Christmas Tree Ornaments
You picked up pine cone after pine cone when the fall weather started get chilly. Now that it’s almost Christmas, you can use these fall finds to make your own decorative ornaments. With a little bit of paint and a special snowy sparkle, both adults and kids alike can craft cute Christmas ornaments from plain pine cones.
- Pine cones
- Green and white tempera paints
- A paintbrush
- Glitter in silver or opal and any other colors that you choose (at least two or three different colors)
- Clear-drying school glue
- Fishing line or yarn
- Paint the entire pine cone green.
- Mix a pinch of silver or opal glitter with the white paint.
- Lightly paint the snowy paint mix on a few of the top tips of the pine cone.
- Combine other colors of glitter with the glue. Make separate quarter-sized pools for each hue.
- Use your finger or the tip of a paintbrush to dab the glitter glue on the pine cone, making dots that look like sparkling ornaments.
- Cut a six0inch piece of fishing line or yarn.
- Tie the fishing line or yarn around the top of the pine cone and make a loop. Hang the ornament from the loop.