Sukkot Fall Garland Craft for Kids
Celebrate Sukkot with a creative kids’ craft! Instead of buying decorations for your at-home sukkah, the kids can create their own — with a seasonal fall theme. These festive fall garlands are perfect for the sukkah, but can also be used all season long. After the holiday is over, take the garlands into your home and hang them as part of your autumn decor.
Materials You’ll Need
- Red and orange yarn
- Clear-drying school glue
- Fall-colored ribbon
- A plastic bowl (for art use only)
- Fill the bowl with equal parts water and glue.
- Blow up the balloons. Each balloon will be one “apple” or “pumpkin.” Choose to make as many as your child wants. The more you make, the longer the garland will be.
- Cut the yarn. Each piece should be able to wrap around a balloon multiple times, almost covering it.
- Dip a piece of yarn in the glue mixture, coating it entirely.
- Wrap the glue-covered yarn around the balloon. You can leave holes or gaps, but make sure that enough is covered to create a structured circle or oval shape.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Pop the balloon and remove the pieces. The yarn should stay in a 3D circle or oval shape.
- String the apples and pumpkins with the ribbon.