Sukkot Kids’ Fruit Craft
Celebrate Sukkot with a fun family craft! Decorate the sukkah with faux fruit that your kiddo creates using paper. These holiday garlands are easy to make, perfect for kids of all ages and a perfect way to spend some quality time together.
Craft Materials You’ll Need
- Construction paper
- Paper mache paste (you can make your own with clear-drying school glue and water- mix until it feels like a thick paste).
- Green tissue paper
How To Art-Making Steps
- Cut the paper into strips. Use apple colors, such as red, yellow and green.
- Blow up the balloons. Make as many as your child wants.
- Dip the strips into the paper mache paste.
- Cover the balloon with the paste-covered strips. Leave a small hole at the top.
- Place a cut piece of yarn in the hole at the top of the paper mache covering.
- Add another piece of paper mache-covered paper on top of the hole.
- Wait for the paper mache to dry completely. The balloon will deflate inside.
- Add a cut piece of tissue as a stem to the top of the paper mache fruit with a dab of glue.
Hang the faux fruit from the sukkah or weave it into a 3D garland.