“angus Coin Shop” 1908-2008 Rcm Centennial Proof 50ct Coin & Stamp Set For Sale
ROYAL CANADIAN MINT 100TH ANNIVERSARY COIN & STAMP SET
Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the Royal Canadian Mint!For a young, growing colony, the opening of a domestic mint was a confident step towards nationhood. In 1931, the Mint transformed from a branch of Britain’s Royal Mint to a wholly Canadian institution and, by 1937, the first “-all-Canadian” coin designs-like the 1-cent maple leaf, the 5-cent beaver and the 10-cent Bluenose began circulating. These renowned coin designs are still in use today.From the beginning, innovation has been the hallmark of the Mint with a revolutionary coin plating process, the purest 99.999% numismatic gold coin and the first colored circulation coin are just a few of the Mint’s internationally-renowned “firsts”- each a source of pride for collectors and Canadians alike.This set takes you back 100 years to the 50-cent coin of 1908-Canada’s first domestically produced coin. This faithful replica coin is now double-dated (1908-2008) and struck in sterling silver to celebrate this centennial year.Special features:
- Packaged in a genuine wood box featuring engraving of the Mint’s historic building on the lid.
- Each set includes a double-dated (1908-2008) sterling silver proof replica of the 1908 fifty cent piece.
- Housed in a protective mount, the companion mint postage stamp depicts the original reverse of the coin.
- Numbered limited edition (16,000) full-color information booklet featuring vintage photos and historical facts about the Mint.Product specifications:
- Face Value: 50 cents
- Mintage: 16,000
- Composition: 92.5% silver, 7.5% copper
- Weight (g): 11.62g
- Diameter (mm): 29.72mm
- Edge: Reeded
- Finish: Proof
- Certificate: Serialized
- Artist: Royal Canadian MintPackaging:
- Coin encapsulated in a protective mount-Genuine wooden box and special sleeve.
Phone us for more details, free in store pick up are very welcomed. We would love to meet you if you are in the area.
All communications is done during store hours. We are open 10:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday. We will endeavor to answer as many questions as we can.
No communication available on weekends.
All shipping done via Canada Post
See shipping tab for cost.
Always wait for our revised invoice to combine your purchase.
Transactionmust beconcluded before shipping and within7 days from end of sale.
Item(s) must be returned in its original condition at buyer’s cost within 14 business days and then the price of your item will be refunded minus a 15% restocking fee.
Applicable taxes in Canada ONLY (where applicable);
5% GST only applies to all shipments to YT, NU, NT, AB, SK, QC, MB, BC.
13% HST applies to all shipments to ON, NB, NL.
14% HST applies to all shipments to PE.
15% HST applies to all shipments to NS.
Please note; some items are TAX exempt
This item has been shown 0 times.