★ Rare Vintage Trifari Alfred Phillipe Jelly Belly Crab Pin~brooch~book Piece For SaleSTUNNING VINTAGE TRIFARI STERLING SILVERJELLY BELLY CRAB PIN ~ CIRCA 1940s*FREE U.S. SHIPPING*
- You are offerding on a stunning RARE 1940s "Jelly Belly" crab pin designed by Alfred Phillipe for Trifari.
- This is one item from a vintage costume jewelry collection we will be selling over the next few months, please see ourOTHER VINTAGE COSTUME JEWELRY ITEMS
- This is a superb Trifari Jelly Belly book piece to add to your Vintage Costume Jewelry collection! Many of the Vintage pieces we have up currently are very high quality costume pieces that mimic designs of fine goldjewelry with precious stones.
- This pin is featured in many reference books, including Judith Miller's Collector's Guide to Costume Jewelry on page 126 and Brunialti's American Costume Jewelry on pages 155 -156. This piece is rated 4 out of 5 stars for rarity in Costume Jewelry by Judith Miller, page 368.
- The pin is a Sterling Silver crab with rhinestone highlights, ruby cabochon eyes and a Lucite "Jelly Belly" center.
- The pin measures approx. 3" by approx. 2".
- The pin is signed on the back "TRIFARI" with the"crown symbol"and also marked "STERLING" and "PAT PEND", see photo #3 using the zoom tool.
- "Trifari has long been one of the United States preeminent costume jewelry makers. The company began as Trifari and Trifari in 1910, founded by Gustavo Trifari and his uncle, later the company was simply known as Trifari. The company designed exclusive pieces for Broadway and First Lady Mamie Eisenhower. Madonna wore Trifari in the Hollywood Blockbuster Evita"
- "Chief Designer Alfred Philippe, who had been a jewelry designer for Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels, designed pieces for Trifari from 1930 until the 1960's. Notable among his designs are the much sought after Lucite Jelly Bellies" - Collector's Guide to Costume Jewelry, Judith Miller, pages 118-119
- This is an authentic vintage piece. Not modern or a reproduction.
- This item is an estate piece and in excellent condition for its age. There are no missing stones or broken pieces and the pin clasp is fully functional.We would remind buyers that this item isvintage & pre-owned with associated surface wear consistent with the age & use of the piece and the softness of Sterling.The pin has its original vintage patina, as usual we will leave the cleaning to the new owners. Please use the zoom tool on the photos provided to inspect the item. Photos are part of our description.
- If you have any questions or require additional information or pictures, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please ask all questions before offerding.
- This is one item from an estate collection, others are or will be listed.
- Please see ourother items, we will have many other interesting items at great prices in the coming months, be sure to add us to yourfavorites list!THANK YOU! WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!
This item is in hand and ready to ship.The item in the pictures is the actual item that you are offerding on.This item will be properly packaged and shipped via USPS.
THANKS FOR LOOKING AND GOOD LUCK offerDING!
This item has been shown 0 times.