Chinese Export Silver Box. Figures, Dragons, Floral 13 Troy Oz. Wang Hing 1890
This item has been shown 0 times.
Chinese Export Silver Box. Figures, Dragons, Floral 13 Troy Oz. Wang Hing 1890:
Presented is a VERY PRETTY, LARGE sized FIGURAL CHINESE EXPORT SILVERBOX,withfinely repoussed panels of village life, dragons,bamboo and plum blossom.Made by WANG HING c.1890.
The scenes are very finely repousse decorated and framed against a finely matted background. The scenes are as follows:
1. FRONT SIDE - Elders engaged in various activities, sat under a bamboo and plum blossom tree.
2. LEFT SIDE - Large full bodied, fierce scaly dragon.
3. RIGHT SIDE - Large full bodied, fiercefire breathingdragon.
4. REVERSE - Large PLUM BLOSSOM TREE
5. HINGED COVER/LID - A village scene with 2 seated elders, drinking tea. An elder and 2 helpers. Houses, mountains, trees and boats. There is a central cartouche with an old engraved 'S' The scenes are beautifully chased with very fine decoration throughout (this is a top quality box) the attention to detail is superb. The finely matted background really highlights the scenes.
This box has not suffered from any wear or overpolishing. The figures still show their engraved detail (including facial features) and the dragons are not worn with nice sharp facial features and scaling. The village scenes and floral decoration are also very SHARP and CRISP.
The box is a good large size - 16cm x 8.5cm x 6cm (6.25 inches x almost 3.5 inches x 2.25 inches). It is solid silver throughout(no lining) and weighs a solid 13 troy ounces (403 grams).
The box is clearly marked on the underside with WH, an overstruck 90 and Chinese characters. Condition is excellent with very SHARP/CRISP detail throughout and no repairs or damage whatsoever. The hinged lid closes nice and tight.
A LARGE ANDEXCEPTIONALY PRETTYCHINESE EXPORT SILVERFIGURAL BOXBY WANG HING C.1890
Please see my other sales for more SPECIAL CHINESE EXPORT SILVER and some very good English silver.
Thanks for looking and please do not hesitate to email any questions!