Isaac's Nike X Doernbecher Air Jordan 5 Retro Db V 7.5 Rare Supreme Limited
This item has been shown 0 times.
Isaac's Nike X Doernbecher Air Jordan 5 Retro Db V 7.5 Rare Supreme Limited:
I SHIP WITH UPS GROUND, TRACKING IS INCLUDED
SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED UPON DELIVERY. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
ISAAC’S NIKE X DOERNBECHER AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO Nike, Jordan and OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital Pay Tribute to Isaac Arzate Limited-edition Doernbecher Air Jordan V Retro celebrates his life and love of sport.
Nike and OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital are proud to pay tribute to 2012 Doernbecher Freestyle Program patient Isaac Arzate and his family with the release of the limited-edition Doernbecher Air Jordan V Retro.
Isaac Arzate was a talented young athlete who pitched a no-hitter in baseball and savored an undefeated season in basketball. In January 2012Isaac suffered a cardiac arrest at basketball practice and was sent from Salem to OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, where doctors discovered a previously undetected abnormality that is one of the most common causes for heart attacks in young people.
After recovering from open-heart surgery, Isaac was invited by OHSU Doernbecher to be part of the 2012 Freestyle program. During his rehabilitation from surgery, he began sketching designs for an Air Jordan V Retro, highlighting his interests and experiences. He also became well enough to don his jersey and watch his basketball team from the bleachers, occasionally getting to shoot around during breaks in the game. Then in April 2012, 12-year-old Isaac tragically suffered a second heart attack, and did not survive.
Deeply saddened by his tragic passing but inspired by his passion and spirit, Nike and OHSU Doernbecher invited Isaac’s family to work together to finish the design that Isaac had started. Using Isaac’s original sketches as a guide and some more his parents found, they created a design reflecting Isaac’s vision and incorporating design elements that represented the things that mattered most to him in his life:
- Isaac’s jersey numbers, 9 for baseball on the upper of the left shoe and 31 for basketball on the right.
- The inside of the tongue features Isaac’s initials, and the dates of his birth and passing.
- Several parts of the shoe glow in the dark, including the eyelets, lace toggle, outsole, Nike Air unit and quarter panels.
- The upper features the words of a poem in black light ink that Isaac wrote just a day before he passed away. Some of the words include: “My team. My family. We are brothers forever. No matter what.”
- Each pair includes a flashlight to complete the glow-in-the-dark effect, inspired by Isaac’s love of video games.
“We’ve been honored to work with Isaac’s family and thank them for their courage to complete the project in the name of their son and to support the much-needed fundraising efforts for Doernbecher,” said Michael Doherty, Nike’s Global Creative Presentation Director and member of the Doernbecher Foundation Board of Directors.