Smith & Son Ltd London Chronograph Pocket Watch C.1900 A Superb Christmas Gift
This item has been shown 0 times.
Smith & Son Ltd London Chronograph Pocket Watch C.1900 A Superb Christmas Gift:
align="left" style="display: inline !important;">
TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS AND FRIENDS AROUND THE WORLD.
S. Smith & Sons Ltd was founded by Samuel Smith in London in 1851.
Samuel Smith was born in Ilford, Essex in 1827 and opened a watch & clock makers shop in Newington Causeway, London in 1851. Samuel’s eldest son, also named Samuel was born in 1851 and followed his father into the business. Samuel senior died on 4th February 1875, aged 48 and his son took over the company. It expanded rapidly, opening showrooms at The Strand and later at Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly. Smith & Sons also owned factories in Clerkenwell, London and Bienne, Switzerland. They had many notable customers, became watchmakers to the Admiralty, supplier of explorers watches to the Royal Geographical Society and produced a range of high quality timepieces including certified chronometers, chronographs and repeaters.
In 1899, Samuel formed the private company, S. Smith & Son Ltd, and transferred his business to it. At this time, they started manufacturing motor clocks and in 1904 produced the first British odometer and speedometer. They added many other motoring accessories to their range and in July 1914 formed S. Smith & Sons (Motor Accessories) Ltd.
KEEP WATCHING FOR MANY MORE RARITIES over the next few months! as we are clearing hundreds of FABULOUS COLLECTIBLES FROM OUR LONDON WAREHOUSE WHICH WE HAVE BOUGHT OVER THE PAST 50 YEARS !!
THE WINNING buyer WILL RECEIVE AN INVOICE FROM US AT END OF sale / Sale
We accept payment by PayPal, and all Credit and Debit cards.
PAYMENTS MUST BEWITHIN 4 DAYS
FROM END OF sale OR AN UNPAID ITEM CASE WILL BE OPENED IMMEDIATELY.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL
TERMS & CONDITIONS
We always try to ensure our customers are happy and satisfied with our service. Please note that all antique & vintage mechanical and automatic horological items (clocks, watches and mechanical toys) are delicate and as such are not under any warranty.
The following conditions are included to comply with the terms of our insurance policy.
In the many years we have been in business we have never needed them.
These conditions govern all contracts made by Collectorsworld (hereinafter called "The Vendor").
- Any disputes arising out of the sale of any items referred to on the site of the Vendor shall be governed by English Law.
- All orders are accepted on the basis that payment is made prior to the delivery of the item by the Vendor.
- The Vendor reserves the right to amend listed or quoted prices and specifications without notice and may also at any time withdraw any of the items without any prior notice having to be given to the customer.
- In the event of any of the items being found to be damaged on receipt by the customer, the customer shall be obliged to notify the Vendor by email or telephone within 24 hours of delivery and shall immediately return the goods to the Vendor for their replacement, repair or for a refund of the price at the discretion of the Vendor.
- Any time or date named by the Vendor for the delivery is given and intended as an estimate only based upon conditions prevailing at the time the order is accepted and time shall not be of the essence. The Vendor shall use its best endeavours to supply the goods in accordance with the estimate but it shall not be liable for any damage or loss arising directly or indirectly out of any delay in delivery.
- Orders are only accepted on the basis that the customer shall in addition to the cost of the item be responsible for the cost of the packing and carriage to its place of delivery.
- All items shall be at the risk of the customer from the date of delivery of the goods.
- All statements relating to any items sold by the Vendor are statements of opinion and are not nor are they to be relied upon as statements of representation, or fact. Illustrations are solely for the guidance of intending purchasers and are not to be relied upon in terms of tone or colour or necessarily to reveal imperfections in any items. Intending customers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters, as to the physical description of any items and as to whether or not any item has been repaired.
- The terms: watch, clock, timepiece, chronometer, chronograph; shall at no time be taken to describe the function of any article offered for sale
- The Vendor shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any loss or damage or injury of whatsoever nature or for any consequence of any such loss injury or damage arising out of, or resulting from any cause whatsoever beyond the Vendor's reasonable control.
- Any purported variation of these conditions shall only be valid if evidence in writing under the hand of a duly authorised signatory of the Vendor.
- Any disputed arising out of the sale of any items shall be governed by English Law.