1.70 Ct Natural Ethiopian Black Opal Gemstone Multi Color Faceted Trillion Cut For Sale
- EASY REFUND
- CONTACT US
October Birthstone Gem Type Welo Black Faceted Opal Color Rare Black - Multi Color Play ShapeFaceted Trillion Cut Size (L x W x D) 9.81 x 9.60 x 5.33 MM Weight 1.70 ct Hardness 5.5 - 6.0 Luster Vitreous Clarity VVS Treatment Natural - Heated Origin Welo -Ethiopia Product ID 20130622-34763-CHH FL VVSI VSI SI L1 L4 Flawless/Internally
Flawless Very Very Slightly
Imperfect Very Slightly Imperfect Slightly Imperfect Imperfect Opaque
Opal is thebirthstone for October.
The word "opal" for this dynamic gemstone was derived from the Greek word "opallus" which means to see a change in color because it is, after all, opal's abilty to refract and reflect specific wavelengths of light that make it so special. In fact, there are more than a dozen varieties of fiery and iridescent opals. The opulent flashes of color that are displayed by the opal gemstone cannot be compared to any other gemstone, making it phenomenally popular the world over. It has been regarded as the luckiest and most magical of all gems because of the special display of all colors of the rainbow.
The play of color makes the opal one of the favorite gemstones for jewelry. What distinguishes the opal from other stones is the unique play of color and glint of light that sets the opal apart from every other gemstone. The most common kind of opal, the white opal, has a white, milky base color with a rainbow of pastel shades, while the black opal reflects blue, gray and green tones. The crystal opal is close to transparent with a bright rainbow of colors, while the fire opal is translucent with fiery sparks of red, yellow and orange. Of all these varieties, those with red sparks against black are the mostly rarest.
Opals display many colors ranging from clear through white, gray, red, orange, yellow, green, shore, blue, magenta, rose, pink, slate, olive, brown and black. Apart from the basic body color, opals also display a unique flashing of rainbow colors; something popularly known as the ‘play-of- colors”. The white opal shows a good play of color. The crystal opal shows an exceptional play of color.
The opal is mostly made up of silica. The chemical composition of opal gem stone is a hydrous silicate di-oxide (SiO2 + nH2O). The specific gravity ranges between 1.98 and 2.20 and the refractive index ranges from 1.44 to 1.46.The hardness of the opal on the Mohs scale is generally between 5.5 and 6.
The opal was a talisman of hope and good fortune in that late fall month. It is a completely unique stone with colors and properties are all its own. Traditionally, opals have been associated with symbolic properties like hope, innocence and purity, perhaps related to its pearly luster, as well as ideas like happiness and confidence connected to its colorful rainbow spectrum. Because of its association with the eyes and vision, opals have been used to treat eye infections, enhance vision, imagination and dreams. Of course, today few people believe that an opal can be used to improve eye health or increase confidence, but the rainbow of colors is as magical as ever.
A gift of Opal is symbolic of faithfulness and confidence. And a wide range of choices in opal make them a perfect gift for anyone.Payment
- We accept paypal payment.
- We also accept other permitted payment methods by .
- Payment is expected within 7 days after end of each sale. If the payment is not received on time, your item may be relisted or will be reported to as an unpaid item.
- There is No Restocking Fee!
- If you are not satisfied for any reason, please return the item(s) within 14 days of receipt and receive a FULL REFUND of the winning price.
- The refund process will take 3–5 business days. Shipping and insurance charges are non-refundable.
- You can combine your item(s) in one shipment to save shipping cost starting from the date of your first win until 7 days later.
- $0.50 Handling charge for each additional item.
- Single item paid with shipping charge, will be shipped immediately. If you wish to combine your items, please make full payment.
- Customers response is very important to our business.
- We appreciate your positive response.
- Please do not leave any negative or neutral response.
- If you are not satisfied, please notify us to resolve the issue.
- Customer Satisfaction Is Our Top Priority.
- Items will be shipped within 3 business days once the payment is received.
- For USA Customers: Items will be shipped by USPS First Class Mail within 5-9 days for delivery from the date of shipment.
- For International Customers: We offer only via USPS Registered Mail within 3-6 weeks for delivery.
- The buyers are fully responsible for any import (customs) duties and taxes in their country.
- Item(s) must be returned in original condition.
- Please inform us the reason of your dissatisfaction from your item "contact seller" link.
- Damaged item(s) will not be accepted.
- USA Customers: Please ship the item(s) via USPS first class mail with required shipping insurance.
- International Customers: Please ship via Registered Mail with full insurance only.
- Weight and size of gemstones may still vary slightly due to difference in calibration of weighing and measuring scales.
- Color may not appear exactly as in pictures due to monitor resolution and light.
- Customers information (Name, address, phone numbers, Email, etc.) is private and secured. We do not participate in or contribute to share database that give other companies to access information.
Please email us only via your item "contact seller" link. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at
901-414-9966 between 6:00 AM and 11:30 AM CST.
We appreciate your business. Please visit us again.
This item has been shown 0 times.