17th Century Spanish Baroque Wooden Holy Child With The Ball.
This item has been shown 2888 times.
17th Century Spanish Baroque Wooden Holy Child With The Ball. :
Striking Spanish Baroque Wooden Child With The Ball Sculpture From The 16th Century.
Very antique Spanish wooden sculpture depicting Infant Jesus with the Globe in his hand. This is an original polychrome carving from the 17th century. It is a very antique and highly appealing piece, an iconographic representation known as “Niño de la Bola” or “Santo Niño de la Bola” (Holy Child with the Ball). These sculptures are representations of Jesus Christ as Infant Jesus carrying a ball in his hand that symbolizes the World. In this particular piece the ball and the hand is missing, but the figure still preserves all its charming and beautiful presence though hundreds of years have passed by since it was made.
The Child is standing on an anvil-shaped wooden pedestal, not from the same period but probably from the 18th Century. The figure depicts a completely naked child who is lifting his right hand in a blessing pose. The fingers of this hand are missing and so is the left hand that in origin would carry the Globe. The rest of the sculpture is almost complete, and some points have been attacked by antique woodworm, as most of these antique sculptures, and that was treated long time ago. The woodworm is completely eradicated.
This sculpture keeps more than the fifty per cent of its surface covered by stucco and temple painting used to embellish this kind of pieces. The skin’s delicate color shows light shades of pink in some places such as the lips and cheeks. This sculpture is a charming piece. The figure’s back also keeps most of its paint; the covering is missing mostly at the front left side of the piece.
This amazing sculpture is a real collector’s piece because of its ancient age and great beauty. It deserves a place of honor in an elegant room or a stylish house.
Measurements: Width: 340 mm. Height: 780 mm.
I think I left nothing in the description but if I forgot something, I'll be glad to answer any questions. offer with confidence. We are professional antique dealers.
For any questions about this or any other article you can contact me through or by calling +34 976 45 39 31. We are open from 9 am to 8 pm Madrid time.
Thanks for trusting me and enjoy !
My name is José Pascual, and I am an antique dealer located in Zaragoza, Spain, which is a medium size city between Madrid and Barcelona. If you have any question, send me an email and I will gladly answer you. Enjoy my articles and I hope we keep in touch.
Best wishes from Spain."
José Pascual AznarCLICK here to see my other items
BUY SAFELY WITH US
- As important is to win the sale as what happens afterwards. Our work is not complete until you receive your item safely in your home.
- We are a 5 Stars Seller, which means that , certify that we have achieved the highest standards of quality in the service we offer.
- We certify that our products are 100% originals. Otherwise we undertake to refund of the purchase.
- We certify that the description and dating of the article that we give is 100% accurate. Otherwise also, we pledge to refund of the purchase.
- This article will be perfectly packed so that it arrives in excellent condition. We pay full attention that you receive your article perfectly. We treat the article as if it were going to be sent to ourselves. Shipments are made with the best transport agencies worldwide, with the possibility of express delivery and insured. All shipments have tracking number via the Internet, so that at all times we know where your package is. Some articles as antique weapons, can not be sent by ordinary mail. We will contact you once the sale is ended, to specify the type of delivery.
Shipping performed in association with
WE GUARANTEE YOUR ACQUISITION
Investing in antiques is always a nice way to profitable your money. Many collectors have became millionairs. If you are starting a collection, follow these important tips:
- If you want to invest in antiques, always choose original pieces and avoid reproductions. A reproduction loses half of its value in the same minute that you are purchasing it, while an original antique gains value each passing day. This is an original antique and its value will continue growing tomorrow.
- Read and learn about for area of interest: swords, clocks, phonographs, antique photos, old silver, technical antiques, typewriters... Invest in books as much as in your collection and learn as much as you can. If you keep your collecction catalogued, you will increase its value.
- Keep yourself informed about the market prices in your area of interest. There are many sources but mainly, visit as many fairs as you can, research in the Internet and read the final sales prices in the traditional sale houses.
- Finally... Collect antiques, not junk. It is always better a small collection with excellent pieces than a huge collection of junk, rusty irons and broken machines. Select your pieces. There is not a goal to reach, so take the pleasure in in the process of your treasure hunting. A collection should be something to enjoy, and there is many interesting pieces out there and very few time to enjoy them, so be selective with your choices.
If you follow these simple steps you will be in the correct direction to develop an excellent collection, whatever is your area of interest and, for me the most important of all, enjoying the process
Meanwhile, we are in touch.
WE ARE HERE
View Larger Map