1800s Chevalier Opticien. Paris Opera Glasses Hand Decorated & Gold Trim For Sale<div style="text-align:center"><img border="0"><br><table style="text-decoration:none" href="http://www.chaffer01store.com" target="_blank"><img height="27px" valign="middle" align="center"><font face="arial" size="2"><b><a href="http://www.chaffer01store.com" target="_blank">Chaffer01</a>
<img border="0"><br><a target="_blank"><img border="0"></a>
1800s CHEVALIER Opticien. Paris Opera Glasses hand decorated & Gold Trim Prev Stop Play Next
In their day these would have been a splendour. They are a pair of Chevalier Opticien Paris Opera Glass with original leather case. The little glass are 10cm x 6cm and extend to nearly 9cm. They are a robust pair and still are very functionable. They were hand decorated with enamel flowers and have a gold trim to the front. Stamped to each eye piece with the Chevalier name.
Condition: Sadly the enamel decoration has some away in parts commensurate with age, and of course use over the last 100 or so years. The Gold trim at the front of the large lenses is erratic and flaked. Small dent to one of the outer eye piece(does not affect anything – cosmetic)There are NO cracks across the glass. The case is worn and there is a hole to one corner, but the hinges are still working and the locking mechanism needs attention. The Main thing is they still are a very lovely and useable pair of 1800s Opera Glasses.
Visit My store
Payment window. I require payment within 7 days of the sale or sale ending. Please send postal orders or bankers drafts immediately to ensure to get them to me on time. If you wish to collect and pay cash you must do so within 7 days.
Unpaid item process. Customers receive a winning offer email containing the payment due and all the information needed to pay immediately after the sale closes. After 3 days I may send a payment reminder. After 7 days a payment dispute is opened to resolve the issue of non-payment. Once 7 days have passed I may resell or relist any items which have not been paid for without notification.
- Payment in full. I cannot release items unless they are paid for in full including any applicable collection charges, delivery charges or storage fees.
All Shipping fees quoted are for Mainland UK Only. If you are outside this Area please contact me for a Shipping Quote prior to offerding or Purchase of Items.
- Handling agent. Once I have accepted payment, the item is the property of the customer. All customers are invited to collect their items should they so wish. By selecting a shipping option and paying my postage & packing charges the customer appoints me as a handling agent.
- Shipping agent. Customers cannot choose their own shipping agent. They are welcome to arrange shipping themselves if they do not wish to use the agent stated in my listing. In this case any associated collection fees apply and the customer is responsible for the packing and collection of their item by their appointed agent.
- Loss or damage waiver. I am not liable for any loss or damage once your item has been transferred by your shipping agent. Any loss or damage incurred during the shipping process is a matter between the customer and the shipping agent. I cannot make any claims on customer's behalf, but am happy to help/advise customers making claims against shipping agents. I am able to take out insurance on most items, this is optional.
- Worldwide shipping. The customer is responsible for any local taxes and import duties associated with shipping outside the Mainland UK.
Terms of Sale
Returns & Refunds
- 14-day limit. Any claims for returns & refunds must be made within 14 days of receipt and prior to response being left.
- Material difference. Refunds can only be processed where an item, on leaving my premises, materially differs from that outlined in our listing. By "material difference" Imean a clear listing error, or misrepresentation, which in my opinion materially affects the item's value. Loss or damage during shipping is not grounds for a refund from Chaffer01.
- Refund process. Refunds are only issued once an item has been returned and checked against the claim. Where I have made an error, Iwill process a full refund. Buyer is responsible for Return postage. I may choose to pay your return postage costs but I am not obliged to do this. I will only refund return postage charges authorised by me. Items should be returned using the packing materials in which they were sent.
- Items not returnable. If an item is returned without appropriate grounds, I am not obliged to give a refund. In the event I refuse a refund, the customer must pay a further postage charge if they wish to have the item back. Failure to pay this charge within 14 days may result in the item being resold to cover my costs.
- My liability. Without exception, my liability to the customer is strictly limited to the price paid for the item.
I am an individual seller who endeavours to have a variance of goods for sale on my site . I tend to sell antiques, vintage goods, and rarer & unusual items.
Please contact me using my contact details on the site.
<div style="text-align:center"><a style="text-decoration:none" border="0"></a></div>
This item has been shown 0 times.