1800s Hancock Wv, La Letters, Baxter, Bambrick Family Papers
This item has been shown -1 times.
1800s Hancock Wv, La Letters, Baxter, Bambrick Family Papers:
1800s Hancock County,West Virginia;LA Letters Bambrick, BaxterFamily, Paper Lot
Assorted lot of letters and documents, family ofThomas Bambrick(1794-1877) of Brooke County and son-in-lawAbsolom Baxter ofHancock Co. WV.
Approximately (28) items, 1850s-1890s, most post-Civil War.
The lot consists of, two survey documents -one mentions Deep Gut Creek;Hancock Co tax receipts, about twelve letters, misc. The letters are from various locales.
Condition varies, some with darkstaining, tears, fair-VG.
A few items of interest:
- (2) Enterprise, Catahoula Parrish, Louisiana letters - 1858 2pp J[ospeh] P. Bambrick, former Confederate soldier, 25th LA; 2nd Battalion LA Heavy Artillery, wounded Battle Murfreesboro, POW, d. 1875; 1868 Sallah Bambrick, to Uncle Thompson Bambrick.
- Old Flats Church, piece of wallpaper taken 1891, signed Rachel Baxter
- 1868 Democratic Voters Meeting Document, 1p, New Manchester - Absalom Baxter elected Secretary; mentions Thomas Bambrick -- see photo
- 1864 Fairview WV - brief letter of Thos. Bambrick Jr. to S.S. Bambrick. Civil War era - notes "I think you might as well come home....you will not be molested here."
- 1888 Wheeling WV letter, JC Alderson, re Absalom's nomination for State Senator.
- 1888-90 Fowlers P.O.WV, two letters to brother from sister
- 1855 Independence PA 1 1/2pp legal letter of cousin MB Anderson (pa