1820 Atlas Duke Marlborough Copper Military Plans Maps British Empire War 1st Ed
This item has been shown 0 times.
1820 Atlas Duke Marlborough Copper Military Plans Maps British Empire War 1st Ed:
*Antiquarian & Collectable Book Dealers *Please See Other sales *
For Your Consideration..
Atlas to the Memoirs
Of John Duke of Marlborough
Containing Armorial Bearings, Facsimiles, Maps
And Military Plans
Plates and Plans
21 (out of 22) CopperEngravedMaps and Plansregarding the British Empire.
1. Arms of his Grace George Spencer Churchill, Duke of Marlborough, referring to the dedication.
2. Quaterings, crest and Supporters of John, first Duke of Marlborough, referred to in the Genealogical Account of the Churchill Family.
3. Facsimile of the draught of letter, from John Duke of Marlborough to Lord Godolphin, without date, but written from the Hague, in 1705, beginning, "I came hither this day"
4. Facsimiles of the handwriting of King William and Queen Anne.
5. Outline Map of the Theatre of War, in 1702, 1703 and 1705.
6. Map of the Operations in Germany in 1704, before and after the battle of Blenheim, referring to chapters 22-27. vol I and ii.
7. Plan of the Attack on the Schellenberg, chap. 23, Vol I.
8. References to the Plan of the battle of Blenheim
9. Planof the battle of Blenheim
10. Map exhibiting the operations on the Moselle in 1705
11. Plan of the attack on the French lines in Brabant in 1705
12. Map of the Principality of Mindelheim.
(lacking) 13. Arms borne by the Duke of Marlborough, as aPrince of Mindelheim.
14. Plan of the Battle of Ramilies, 1706
15. Map of the siege of Ostend in 1706 and the affair of Wynendale in 1708
16. Outline of a map for the campaign of 1707 and part of 1708
17. Plan of the battle of Oudenard, in 1708
18. Map of the siege of Lille in 1708
19. Map of the operations of the Confederate armies, from the 4th to the 11th of September, 1769.
20. References to the plan of the battle of Malpalquet
21. Plan of the battle of Malpaquet
22. Operations of the campaign of 1711
BRITISH EMPIRE HISTORY
COPPER ENGRAVED MAPS AND PLANS
This Atlas of large plates and maps was published as a supplement to the set in 1820. Fine folding copper engraved maps, facsimile letters and 2 large coat of arms. Some of the maps with colored battle positions.
Bound in a Quarter leather binding.
Author: style="font-size: 32px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-decoration: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; font-stretch: 100%; line-height: normal; margin: 0px; min-height: 14px;">
Publisher: London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown
Attributes: ScarceMilitaryplans/maps books, infirstedition form,lackingone plate.
Condition:Quarter leather binding, heavy rubbing to the extremities, (mostlyjoints and the faces of the boards) lacking plate number 13 (Arms borne by the Duke of Marlborough, as aPrince of Mindelheim) library stickers to the front pastedown, two plates rebacked onto a new sheet. (possibly cropped) odd stamp to the back of plates. a few platesheavily foxed. occasional fraying to the margins, closedtears to margins, gutters. odd clothrepairs to the back of plates, dirty marks to margins. AN ACCEPTABLE COPY
Information: 29cm x 23.4cm Title, (1) Plates.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
- Payment Details:We accept Paypal, UK Cheques, Postal Orders.
- Shipping:We will happily ship anywhere in the World, and combine multiple items to reduce postal costs. Please contact us and ask for a invoice.
- Packaging:All our books, will be securely packaged (and waterproofed). We aim to send all items within 48 hours of payment.
- Returns Policy:If you are unhappy in any way, for whatever reason, with the transaction or the item, please contact us as soon as possible. Your item is fully refundable without question.
- Our Policy:Our aim is for you to have a pleasant and enjoyable experience with us, we list and describe our books as honestly as possible and can provide extra images upon request.
- Who we are:We are book enthusiasts, Fiona Gladwin and Steve Thomas who started Yeoldbookworms Limited on in 2013.We now have an office in East Sussex, where viewing can be arranged upon request.We hope you buy with confidence, we celebrated, at the end of 2018 10,000 successful Book sales and have gained a reputation of honesty and reliability.