1849 Petersburg Virginia Handwritten Ledger Expense Book For Sale
1849 Petersburg, Virginia Handwritten Ledger Expense Book
Manuscript notebook, leather bound, identified inside cover, David Wood's Book, Petersburg VA, March 15, 1832.
It begins with a few pages of earlier religious and bible notes, about 5pp.
The rest of theentries date from1849-1851pertain toexpenses. Appx. 40pp 1/4pp to full page (about half fp.) A number of local names and items.
- Mr Batton - 2 days hire waggon; To one shotgun
- M. McCaully - 1 wool hat; Spaniel dog
- P Shifleet - To hire of Bob; To hire of Sue
- Mr. David Taylor - 2 song books
- Paid L Crickenberger for hogs, oats
- Mr. Getty's Mill - 35 bushels b. wheat
Size: 3.75" x 5.75" leather bound notebook, hand tooled
Condition: VG, clean, binding secure. Scattered foxing.
This item has been shown 0 times.