1849 Petersburg Virginia Handwritten Ledger Expense Book
This item has been shown 0 times.
1849 Petersburg Virginia Handwritten Ledger Expense Book:
1849 Petersburg, Virginia Handwritten Ledger Expense Book
Manuscript notebook, leather bound, identified inside cover, David Wood's Book, Petersburg VA, March 15, 1832.
It begins with a few pages of earlier religious and bible notes, about 5pp.
The rest of theentries date from1849-1851pertain toexpenses. Appx. 40pp 1/4pp to full page (about half fp.) A number of local names and items.
- Mr Batton - 2 days hire waggon; To one shotgun
- M. McCaully - 1 wool hat; Spaniel dog
- P Shifleet - To hire of Bob; To hire of Sue
- Mr. David Taylor - 2 song books
- Paid L Crickenberger for hogs, oats
- Mr. Getty's Mill - 35 bushels b. wheat
Size: 3.75" x 5.75" leather bound notebook, hand tooled
Condition: VG, clean, binding secure. Scattered foxing.