1851 Great Exhibition Offical Prize Medal By Wyon 77mm
This item has been shown 0 times.
1851 Great Exhibition Offical Prize Medal By Wyon 77mm:
1851 Great Exhibition Offical Prize medal by Wyon 77mm
Condition:GVF - some minor wear and scratches
Obverse: Victoria and Albert busts conjoined facing left, signed below
Reverse: Britannia confers wealth on Industry
Reference: BHM 2462
A substancial medal, highly sought after - sale
Awarded toSMITH and CO. of Stamford, Lincolnshire — Inventors and Manufacturers. They displayed:
1. Double-action wrought-iron hay-making machine, for spreading and turning hay; fitted with wrought-iron wheels.
2. Two-knife cane-top litter and chaff-cutting machine, for hand, horse, or steam power.
3. Iron balance-lever horse-rake, for hay, corn, etc.
4. Lever hand-rake, in iron frame, and mounted on very light wheels; the teeth, made of spring steel, act independently of each other.
5. Three-knife gorse and chaff-cutting machine, for hand, horse, or steam power.
6. Improved lever cultivator or scarifier.
7. Fat-cutting machine, for tallow-melters.
8. Park or luggage cart, mounted on springs, with patent tail-board, tip movement, and wrought-iron wheels.
9. Wrought-iron wheels and axles for light and heavy carriages.
10. Set of machine models.
Some light scratches on the obverse and small amount of white deposit. Reverse is excellent, apart from a small dent in the field. The edge in engraved to Smith and co, and has some scratches that can be seen on the edge only.
See my other items for many more coins and medallions.
Any other questions at all please email.